Search This Blog

Saturday 18 August 2012

Festival Series: essentials


As I’m off to reading in a few days I thought I’d do a little series on festivals. Starting with the essentials. Now obviously tents, pants and clothes go without saying but I thought I’d go through my must haves beauty wise. Now of course there is the wet wipe. This goes without saying, not only is there a lack of water for face washing so nessacary for removing make-up but with the queue for the showers taking about an hour maybe two odds are other methods of cleaning will have to be found. I’ve gone for a few different packs, first are anti-bacterial, Garnier for face and just a basic pack for body.
Next of course sun cream. I won’t go on here because you don’t need a rant about skin cancers etc. but I do recommend one with a five star UVA rating for those of you who don’t want to wrinkle (even if you go for a lower SPF).

Dry shampoo. I go for the Batiste Dry Shampoo on the go in blush, usually just a mini when I’m travelling but without access to showers I may take a large. 


Deodorant/anti-perspirant. Need I say more?

Moisturiser for both face and body. I really like the Liz Earle ones for my face, I use the one for oily/combination skin but there are many available.  For body Im taking a great one by pai, its an all natural skin care brand that i discovered after reading a review on A Model Reccomends. Its really thick and doesnt  leave any residue. Its also in a pump action bottle which is great if you dont want to have any mud/germs getting inside the pot. I love the comfrey and calendula one.

Vaseline, I’m taking a big tub of boots own petroleum jelly. After v-fest last year I didn’t realise how useful it was so I’m making sure I have it this time. Great for dry knees, scratches, lips and much more! 

Eye bags are never good, and highly likely with hangovers and lack of sleep so and eye roll on is a must for me. I’ve chosen the tinted one also from Garnier but if you find yourself without one two cold objects work really well. Such as two metal spoons, though your tent-mates may give you a few looks . . . 

Fizz ease, I really can’t be without this stuff. Whether I’m at home, abroad or at a festival. I like both the night and wet hair versions to tame my wild mane but I will be taking it in smaller bottles for space saving.

Another hair product is finishing polish by Percy and Reed. A great product and I shall review it later, nearly on my second bottle and recommend for everyone!

Now not sure if everyone will see this as an essential but I do like to take a mini toner just to revive my skin in the mornings but does need cotton pads too but I recommend these for their many uses. I’m taking a Liz Earle instant boost skin tonic from a set of minis bought for me by a friend. 

And of course tissues, tooth paste/brush, plasters and sanitizer. That’s it in the main, make up will come in the next post and any extras I think of! Ill also be doing a few festival fashion posts and anything else I can think of. Let me know if you enjoy this series/have and requests,


Love Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment