Search This Blog

Sunday 19 August 2012

Post Holiday Routine


Ok so not part of the festival series but thought I’d post this now anyway as I’m I have just finished sorting out my skin post hols and I thought I’d do a bit of research. So there are thousands upon thousands of blogs, articles, slideshows etc. all telling us how to get holiday ready in the lead up to sunny summer (if where lucky). But what about when we get back? If you’re like me then it’s likely that your routine slipped slightly while away, not quite as heavy with the SPF as we know we should have been, not bothering with a full exfoliation in the shower, falling into bed with half your makeup on and I’m sure there are many other things that I can’t even think of. So when I do get home I like to blast away all that damage I’ve done to myself.
First thing is exfoliation, I actually completely forgot mine when I went on my recent holiday and didn’t my skin feel it after a week!? I like to really scrub the skin cells away and I use Sanctuary body scrub which is really fine scrub and with a body shop loofah works wonders. I also like to really go over my skin, particularly my upper thighs with a body brush just to give it another kick into action.
I do a similar thing to my face but I am much gentler. I use a Neutrogena grapefruit face scrub and really work it into the skin (avoiding delicate area such as under the eyes) especially around the nose and places where dirt and bacteria love to stick. I also use a pore strip across my nose to get rid of any stubborn impurities that have built up over a week of improper cleansing.
After all that I like to give my skin a really deep moisturise as its now been scrubbed raw and been subjected to a week of drying and damaging sun. On my body I tend to go for aqueous cream which even though a bit boring is really rich and great for those on a budget. On my face, despite having combination/oily skin, I go for one designed for normal skin the beauty parlour day cream with SPF- saving face. It’s a great cream for those who don’t want anything too heavy but still something a tad richer than normal – smells great too!
Hair wise I don’t do anything too radical except sleep with a hair mask on. I use the Aussie 3 minute miracle reconstruction, after plastering it on to wet hair I tie it in two plaits and bun my hair to keep it out of the way and comfy enough to sleep on.
Another couple things I like to do on my post-holiday beauty blast (its turning out to be quite a long one this!) are tanners of sorts. I add an after sun to my daily routine with a touch of self-tan to prolong that glowing tan as long as possible. I really like the Garnier Ambre Solaire hydrating tan maintainer which has a small amount of self-tanner. I also like to try and even out my tan lines. As I definitely don’t have the confidence or guts for any topless sun bathing or nude beaches I tend to have a lovely tan and then an awful pasty bum! Which no-one will find attractive let’s be honest, so I use a little of the St Tropez gradual tanner to try and blend them away, I also use it on the tops of the thighs if I’ve caught the sun while wearing shorts and where my bikini top has been.
And the final thing I like to do is sleep with moisturising gloves and socks on my hand and feet with the Scholl deep moisturising cream on to nourish them too.
That’s pretty much it in terms of the blast back into my usual routine, I think it’s really important to get your skin great after a holiday not only so people see you and think wow but to keep it in tip top condition. Hope this helps and inspires you all to keep up those intense routines despite being back from holidays! Sorry it went on so long but couldn’t bear to cut any out! (hehe)

Love Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment