Search This Blog

Thursday 23 August 2012

Festival Series: On a Budget . . .






Now festivals are not usual known for being the most glamorous, civilised of places but most girls (and guys) want to look their best, or at least decent given the circumstances. So due to this I thought I didn’t really want to take my best most expensive products- especially make-up. A friend and I then went shopping for budget alternatives of the make-up we thought were necessary!

First things first, foundation. Good skin can mean the rest of your make-up looks so much better and after hearing good things about the range I went for the natural collection shine away foundation. I have yet to give it the full testing but hope it goes well as it’s all I’m taking with me – eek! If not I shall be at the little stores and people tents begging for some form of coverage!

Another base product I shall be taking is the collection concealer, a brilliant budget buy, the packaging may not be great but the product speaks for its self. 

And to keep all that in place I shall use the MUA powder. An amazing price of £1- almost too good to be true but I like their products so I’m putting my faith in, may do a post festival guide telling you all the full review but as of yet a good product for the price.

 Make Up Academy Pressed Powder Shade 2

As for eyes there is one product I cannot live without – eyeliner. I’m going for a pen just for easy application and no brushes, again an MUA one at £1.50. Now overall I find nearly all pen eyeliners dry out fairly quickly no matter what you spend so I thought this was a perfect price for a weekends usage. Make Up Academy Professional 3 in 1 Contour Pen Blackhttp://www.superdrug.com/content/ebiz/superdrug/invt/267451/267451_l.jpg

And the final product I bought on my budget list was also MUA and mascara. I went for their basic mascara in shade five; it’s a black and really lengthening and a great price – only 1 pound! Couldn’t believe it great for a weekend away when you don’t want to take anything that could get nicked/lost/broken etc.
And I think that’s everything, obviously I’ll be taking a few other bits and pieces but budget wise this is what I went for.

Love Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment