Search This Blog

Monday 6 August 2012

Orange, Coral and Morange


After seeing this picture in a magazine it really inspired me to try some orange lip colours, I thought it looked really summery even if you haven't got a tan which is great.
So after trawling through Boots, Superdrug, Debenhams and many other stores aisles I have chosen my favourite lip products for a great summer orange lip! The first of which is lush's lip scrubs. I always think if the base is good then whatever s on top looks far better, so if you are going for a bright lip or even a more subtle version smooth lips is a must. I have the bubblegum flavour and its delicious! (Although I’m not sure if you are suppose to eat it I have accidentally tasted it when using it! Hehe). But it is great for giving really smooth lips and getting rid of any dry skin. (After using though I would say finish with a SPF lip balm of your choice).
The second is this lovely lipstick from Estee Lauder, so a more luxury product. Its in the colour blazing sun 35. And it has such a lovely coral shimmer that’s really great for an everyday version of the look as its much more subtle than some colours. It also has a lovely moisturising feel which is great in summer if your lips dry out easily (as mine do).
As for glosses my favourite is by gosh and is called light'n shine lip glaze in shade 60. Its a really high gloss finish to any lip and is a step more orange than the lauder lip stick. It also has this little mirror on the side and when you open it has a light. Its really great for applying on the go or reapplying in a club/bar when lighting isn’t always at its best. Looks great on top of either lipstick in this post too for a more glossy finish.
Another lipstick now and this one is great if you want a full on orange lip. Its by mac in shade morange. Its not as moisturising as the estee lauder but the colour is so intense it makes up for it. Its quite a matt finish which is great when recreating the look at the top of the page but if you want a glossy finish the gosh lip glaze works really well on top. Also not too expensive for such a great lipstick, I think it was thirteen pounds which for such a famous brand of lipsticks I don't think is too bad.
Finally another gloss, this is a Bobbi Brown high shimmer lip gloss in shade canary 5. Its a very glittery gold gloss, and I think works really well dotted in the centre of lips with morange on to give a 3d/two tone look that has been about recently with Max Factors double ended lip duos. It isn't cheap for a gloss but it is a brilliant gloss so if you can afford it I definitely recommend. 






Love Lola 

No comments:

Post a Comment